It’s not a matter of “if” but “when.”
Every organization will face a critical event or sensitive situation at some point – especially in today’s world. When that event occurs, putting in motion a pre-determined, pre-approved crisis communications plan allows leadership to respond swiftly and effectively from the outset, without disrupting day-to-day operations. Having a crisis communications toolkit in place also helps limit long-term reputational risk resulting from bad news or critical events.
Our crisis communications plans are customized for each client and include guidelines for:
- Identifying and planning for likely crisis scenarios and response strategies
- Assembling the crisis communications team
- Managing and responding to internal and external inquiries
- Creating communications templates (holding statements, core messaging, letters, Q&A, talking points etc.)
- Mapping communications to internal and external audiences
- Determining and training spokesperson(s)
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to media and social media coverage
- Evaluating and debriefing effectiveness in crisis management and response
Are you ready for a crisis? Get in touch with us here.