Crisis Communications & Crisis Management
We have extensive crisis management experience leading national high-profile, high stakes crises and guiding our clients through sensitive and often highly charged matters around Title IX, discrimination, sexual harassment, diversity and inclusion, executive misconduct, theft, bankruptcy, data breaches, regulatory investigations, litigation, and financial malfeasance, among others.
We know how to effectively manage and communicate during a crisis situation to minimize institutional exposure and manage reputational risk. Our clients often comment on how quickly we jump in and become members of their team. They also appreciate the fact that we consider all of the angles, the short- and long-term, and the nuances of their institution. In doing so, we work closely with communications and legal teams to deliver timely, consistent, and concise messages to the audiences that matter most, either in preparation for or in reaction to high visibility issues.
There’s never a one-size-fits-all approach to crisis. Our experience with clients of all sizes and across all industries provides the foundation for immediate action based on proven, successful practices.
How we Work – Our Approach to Crisis Management
- Integrate quickly with leadership, legal and communications teams
- Assess the crisis
- Understand the context and available resources
- Identify the stakeholders (internal and external)
- Develop and implement an integrated crisis communications strategy
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel, crisis management and communications support
How We Can Help – Crisis Communications Services
- Crisis communications plans
- Content creation (e.g., statements, letters, talking points, timelines, plans, Q&A, social media posts, website content, etc.)
- Stakeholder communications
- Internal and external communications strategies
- Media/social media management and response
- Reputation management
- Threat assessments
- Media training
- Crisis Workshop
- Social Media Crisis Training
On-Call Counsel & Issues Management Retainer
Our on-call, retainer-based services allow for immediate, 24/7 access to crisis communications counsel and support on an as-needed basis. This arrangement also includes media monitoring, reporting, and analysis of news/incidents/trends that affect or could affect the organization and its stakeholders, as well as regular and ad-hoc correspondence with leadership to understand issues that might warrant careful proactive planning and communications.
Hourly Counsel & Support
We are available on an hourly basis on matters requiring communications counsel and support. Each new matter requires an initial payment. Work that exceeds the initial payment is charged hourly.
Public Relations & Crisis Communications Experts Approved by Risk Management and Insurance Companies
Castle’s crisis communications expertise has resulted in the distinction of being named:
- an approved crisis communications PR firm of United Educators (UE), the nation’s leading provider of risk management solutions for higher education
- a preferred crisis communications provider of the Florida Independent Colleges and Universities Risk Management Association, a private educational risk retention pool that offers comprehensive risk management services to members of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida and the Florida Council of Independent Schools.
- a crisis communications partner to Utica National Insurance Group, a nationally recognized group of companies organization providing personal and commercial insurance products and services, and its school policyholders
UE, FICURMA, and Utica National member schools, including colleges/universities, K-12, and independent and private schools, have partnered with Castle for crisis communications and public relations services in support of a covered crisis.