Crisis Communications & Crisis Management
We have extensive crisis management experience leading national high-profile, high-stakes crises and helping our clients through sensitive and often highly charged matters around discrimination, wrongful termination, financial malfeasance, Title IX, litigation, sexual misconduct, data breaches and regulatory investigations, as a leading crisis communications agency.
We know how to effectively communicate during a crisis to minimize risk and exposure and manage reputations. Our clients often comment on how quickly we jump in and become members of their team. They also appreciate the fact that we consider all of the angles, the short- and long-term, and the nuances of their institution.
There’s never a one-size-fits-all approach. We create customized strategies for each crisis communications client using our range of experience across industries.
Today’s instant news cycle, propelled by social media, means that a swift and solid response is more critical than ever before.
Our Approach to Crisis Management
- Integrate quickly with leadership, legal and communications teams
- Assess the crisis
- Understand the context and resources
- Identify the stakeholders
- Develop and implement an integrated crisis communications strategy
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel, crisis management and crisis communications support
- Conduct situational review & threat assessments
- Plan and implement press conferences
Crisis Communications Planning
- Crisis communications plans
- Content creation (e.g., holding statements, messaging document, Q&A)
- Stakeholder communications
- Media management and response
- Media training
- Crisis Workshop
- Social Media Crisis Training
Public Relations & Crisis Communications Experts Approved by United Educators
Castle’s crisis communications expertise has resulted in the distinction of being named an approved crisis communications firm of United Educators (UE), the nation’s leading provider of risk management solutions for higher education. UE member schools from across the country, representing colleges/universities, independent schools and others, have partnered with Castle for crisis communications and public relations services in support of a covered crisis.