As an 11-year veteran of Castle, I was filled with pride at our recognition at the Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work event. We came in 4th in the 20-49 employees category, no small feat in a town that boasts some of the most innovative startups in the country. (And, according to the awards presentation, a town that is also home to a high number of office foosball tables and beer kegs.)
We asked our team to share their thoughts about what it means to be a best place to work.
- You can do all the right things to create a great workplace, but you have to have the right people on board to truly make it special. We do. – Sandy
- It just reconfirms that I am in the right place and it reminds me that I work with some of the best colleagues Boston has to offer! – Sara
- Being a best place to work means looking forward to going to work each day because your colleagues feel like your second family. – Liz
- Being a best place to work means being a part of an amazing team with wonderful managers. – Alexa
- It means that you are part of an amazing team of smart and innovative people that push me to be better. My teammates care about me both professionally and personally. – Nicole
- As a long time employee, I feel very grateful and proud to work at Castle and being recognized as a Best Places to Work only solidifies that. Working at a place that celebrates its employees and their individual contributions allows us to produce our best work, strengthens our teamwork and elevates our service. – Keri
- From my start at Castle as an intern to now a full-time member of the team, it’s great to be a part of a company that cares about my professional and personal development. – Kendall
- A best place to work for me is a place that I can shine–a place where my talents are recognized, embraced and nurtured in an environment that is safe, inspirational and collaborative. – Deb
- For me, a best place to work is a place I love coming to (work) every day, for the people and projects, and because I feel valued as an employee and individual. – Danielle
- Every member of the team plays an integral role, every opinion is valued–it’s all about being a team. We enjoy working (and being) together. – Maria
- Being a best place to work means looking forward to Mondays, afternoon puppy snuggles, rewarding clients and projects and a team that genuinely supports me personally and professionally. – Shayna
- Castle is full of passionate people who enjoy their job and make the workplace fun! Our culture, our amazing owners and our team is what makes Castle a Best Place to Work. – Callie
As for me, I’d have to cite our dynamic, politics-free office populated by good, smart people with a sense of humor in a fabulous environment.
How are you contributing to your office culture? Are there any programs you’ve implemented that have improved employee morale and team engagement? We’d love to know! Please share your thoughts in the comments below.