We’re talking with candidates with at least 1 – 4 years of communications and social media experience.
Castle’s hiring approach is “people first:” we focus on skills, a passion for storytelling, innate curiosity and growth potential. We look at what you bring to the table, rather than focusing on a cookie cutter job posting. We focus on people’s future potential and not their past experience.
Celebrating our 26th anniversary, Castle is a certified women-owned business excited about our growth (our PR team has doubled in the past year) and award-winning recognition by Forbes, Inc.,
PR News and the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. Our collaborative team, driven by our scrappy attitude, brings ideas and energy to our clients, who are social innovators in diversity and inclusion, corporate leaders, healthcare heroes, beloved retail brands, nonprofit champions and startup visionaries.
We seek additional colleagues who care about our world (business, politics, news, social movements, civic engagement, pop culture) and are eager to work with mission-oriented and corporate clients at the intersection of business and policy across industries. Ideally, you are relationship driven; intellectually curious and entrepreneurial in spirit; enthusiastic about their clients and their work; superior writers; fascinated by how the private and public sectors leverage, influence, and work together, and the different mediums to help deliver your message.
Castle is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in our company, in our community and through the clients and organizations with which we partner. Please read more about our commitment to equity on our website.
We’re dedicated corporate citizens and are proud to be actively involved with many important nonprofits. (Learn more about our culture on our Instagram.)
Castle team members benefit from a flexible work schedule (two days in office, three remote) and “All Season Fridays,” where every employee has alternate Fridays off; 401k with match; health, vision and dental insurance; and much more. You’ll work with smart, kind, funny people who care about their work and each other, with a mutual commitment to an inclusive workplace and to having fun while delivering amazing work.
All team members work directly with, and learn from, senior leaders in a truly collaborative culture. Managers develop, lead and mentor talented teams.
Everyone is encouraged to spread their entrepreneurial wings, freely sharing best practices and ideas that fuel our ability to be even better each day. New team members will help drive our momentum by delivering outstanding client results and service, while demonstrating our culture and values.
Client Management Responsibilities
- Manages client projects/programs with supervision from senior team member (Director, VP, Managing Director or Principal) depending on size of account
- Delivers top quality work to clients, including releases, pitches, reports and memos
- Effectively builds/maintains successful client relationships
- Proactively communicates with clients regularly around ideas and initiatives
- Works with team to quickly find and share client news with context
- Writes strong – press releases, backgrounders, feature material, etc. – with minimal editing from supervisor
- Demonstrates good judgment in all written client communication
- Implements client media strategy and assists team media outreach
- Secures coverage in key client media and generates story topics/ideas
- Reads/follows key media to understand beats and coverage opportunities
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with journalists
- Uses MuckRack and relevant tools effectively for research and monitoring
- Strong understanding and curiosity of the social media landscape (trends, platforms, metrics.)
- Uses Sprout, Hootsuite and relevant tools for social media management and reporting/analytics
- Experience creating content using Canva and Adobe Illustrator for multiple social media channels.
- Knowledge of social networking, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok for the professional environment.
- Experience assisting in paid social media campaigns, a plus!
- Experience creating short-form video content, a plus!
- Manages client projects/programs with supervision from an AD, VP or SVP depending on size of account
- Thinks ahead – preps for meetings, upcoming projects with team
- Checks in with team members on their progress/needs
- Alerts managers immediately to any internal or external challenges
- Personifies the definition of a “team player”
- Has a sense of urgency and dedication to advancing the work process efficiently
- Understands how to use our timekeeping platform, the essentials of accurate timekeeping and updates time daily
- Finds effective solutions to challenges
- Has a proven ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Actively supports the agency’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals and programs
- Embraces agency culture of collaboration
- Participates in an agency committee (DEI, wellness, website, corporate social responsibility, and more)
- Represents agency at external events
- Builds other organizational relationships of benefit to agency and/or clients
- 1 – 4 years of communications and/or social media experience
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in public relations, communications, journalism, business or other related field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); SharePoint and OneDrive experience a plus
- Proficiency in Sprinklr, Sprout, Hootsuite, Brandwatch
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a background in AP-style writing
- Previous agency experience, a plus!
If this resonates, we’d love to hear from you! Please complete the form below. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.