We’re talking with candidates with at least 2 – 5 years of communications experience. Castle’s hiring approach is “people first:” we focus on skills, a passion for storytelling, innate curiosity and growth potential. We look at what you bring to the table, rather than focusing on a cookie cutter job posting. We focus on people’s future potential and not their past experience.
Client Management Responsibilities
- Manages client projects/programs with supervision from senior team member (VP, SVP, Managing Director or Principal) depending on size of account
- Delivers top quality work to clients, including releases, pitches, reports and memos
- Effectively builds/maintains successful client relationships
- Proactively communicates with clients regularly around ideas and initiatives
- Works with team to quickly find and share client news with context
- Writes strong – press releases, backgrounders, feature material, etc. – with minimal editing from supervisor
- Demonstrates good judgment in all written client communication
- Sets client media strategy and supervises team media outreach
- Secures coverage in key client media and generates story topics/ideas
- Reads/follows key media to understand beats and coverage opportunities
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with journalists
- Uses MuckRack and relevant tools effectively for research and monitoring
- Demonstrates a track record of successful media and influencer placements
- Strong understanding and curiosity of the ever-changing social media landscape (trends, platforms, metrics.)
- Uses Sprout and relevant tools for social media management and reporting/analytics
- Experience creating content for multiple social media channels.
- Knowledge of social networking, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok for the professional environment.
- Experience assisting in paid social media campaigns, a plus.
- Manages client projects/programs with supervision from an AD, VP or SVP depending on size of account.
- Thinks ahead – preps for meetings, upcoming projects with team
- Checks in with team members on their progress/needs
- Contributes insights and opinions to career development reviews of direct reports
- Alerts managers immediately to any internal or external challenges
- Personifies the definition of a “team player”
- Has a sense of urgency and dedication to advancing the work process efficiently
- Understands how to use our timekeeping platform, the essentials of accurate timekeeping and updates time daily
- Finds effective solutions to challenges
- Has a proven ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Actively supports the agency’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals and programs
- Embraces agency culture of collaboration
- Participates in an agency committee (DEI, wellness, website, corporate social responsibility, and more)
- Represents agency at external events
- Builds other organizational relationships of benefit to agency and/or clients
- 2 – 5 years of communications experience
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in public relations, communications, journalism, business or other related field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); SharePoint and OneDrive experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a background in AP-style writing
Headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta and on Maui, Castle leverages its local connections and global reach to create communications strategies that deliver business results through PR, events management, crisis communications, marketing, and social media. Founded in 1996, the agency is a certified women-owned business and a member of the Public Relations Global Network, an exclusive community of more than 50 affiliates representing the world’s major media markets. Our client roster includes Fortune 500, high-growth start-ups, social justice and equity-focused nonprofits, education and healthcare.
Castle has won numerous local, national, and international awards and was named a Forbes 2021 Best PR Agency, a PR News Elite Agency and the 2021 Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Small Business Champion. Learn more at thecastlegrp.com.
We’re a collaborative, community-immersed, women-owned business, working at the intersection of what’s next for our city: equity and inclusion, business and innovation, science and technology. If you have a passion for making an impact and want to work with smart, funny, kind people, please contact us at HRemail@example.com or complete the form below.