The Castle Group is seeking an Event Coordinator and an Assistant Event Manager to join our smart, creative, passionate team of event professionals. These roles provide general events support and coordinate the efforts of team members to ensure high-quality client service and results, with progressive responsibility for creation and implementation of events projects. Projects include corporate and nonprofit conferences, sales and user group meetings, incentive programs, employee recognition programs, themed events, galas, fundraisers, trade shows, virtual and hybrid events.
YOU HAVE: An entrepreneurial spirit. Creative thinking and a passion for events. The ability to see the big picture and pay attention to the small details. You think like the client. A commitment to a high level of service and mature professionalism. You are interested in new opportunities, intrigued by trends and excited to work with a team of skilled event professionals.
WE PROVIDE: Growth and empowerment opportunities. Interesting clients. A diverse outlook. Dynamic projects. Colleagues you enjoy working with. Opportunity to travel. Great benefits. Flexible schedules—and a fantastic location steps from the waterfront in a cool Boston neighborhood.
Our superstars have a passion for creating events of all shapes and sizes, and a keen eye for uncovering new ways to elevate our client’s event programs. They demonstrate confidence, have a sense of humor, and are ready to hit the ground running to deliver world-class services and results to our notable client roster.
Castle is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in our company, in our community and through the clients and organizations with which we partner. Please read more about our commitment to equity on our website. We’re dedicated corporate citizens and are proud to be actively involved with many important nonprofits. (Learn more about our culture on our Instagram.)
Castle team members benefit from a flexible work schedule (two days in office, three remote) and “All Season Fridays,” where every employee has alternate Fridays off; 401k with match; health, vision and dental insurance; and much more. You’ll work with smart, kind, funny people who care about their work and each other, with a mutual commitment to an inclusive workplace and to having fun while delivering amazing work.
- Coordinate baseline account activity including developing and maintaining client/vendor databases, distributing promotional items, and tracking and reporting client status.
- Build attendee registration forms using online tools (i.e. event platform, Cvent, EventBrite, etc.)
- Update/manage virtual/hybrid event platforms
- Provide customer service and represent client as attendee, speaker and/or exhibitor concierge (manage email, phone line, and in-person questions)
- Support travel booking process (travel agency, client and customer communications)
- Research and write text for program collateral
- Create client-facing registration and attendee reports
- Oversee hotel reservations, rooming list and pickup reports
- Research ideas and pricing for collateral, gifts, décor and entertainment
- Research event properties and destinations to support site selection process
- Participate in developing and writing promotional and support materials including letters, logos, tag lines, and welcome kits
- Source creative and appropriate promotional and marketing items.
- Participate in client conference calls
- Conduct research for program proposals
- Provide logistical and/or on-site support for major projects such as product launches, incentive programs, employee recognition programs, themed events, fundraisers, conferences and trade shows.
- Participate in professional development activities (i.e. educational sessions, keep up with industry publications, join industry groups)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 0 – 4 years of professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new technologies and event software
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, is high-energy, organized and can multi-task
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications, and time management skills
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends where required
If this resonates, we’d love to hear from you! Please complete the form below. Applications will not be considered without a resume and cover letter.