We have extensive crisis management experience leading national high-profile, high-stakes crises and helping our clients through sensitive and often highly charged matters around Title IX, racial and diversity issues, litigation, sexual misconduct, data breaches and regulatory investigations.
We know how to effectively manage and communicate during a crisis situation to minimize risk and exposure and manage reputations. Our clients often comment on how quickly we jump in and become members of the team, and that we consider all of the angles, the short- and long-term, and the nuances of each institution. There’s never a one-size-fits-all approach, but our range of crisis clients across industries provides the foundation for immediate action based on proven, successful experiences.
Today’s instant news cycle, propelled by social media, means that a swift and solid response is more critical than ever before.
- Integrate quickly with leadership, legal and communications teams
- Assess the crisis
- Understand the context and resources
- Identify the stakeholders
- Develop and implement an integrated communications strategy
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel, crisis management and communications support
- Conduct situational review
Scope of services
- Crisis communications plans
- Coordination with legal counsel
- Content creation (e.g., holding statements, messaging document, Q&A)
- Stakeholder communications
- Media management and response
- Media training
- Social media monitoring and response
- Social Media War Room (training sessions for handling a crisis via social media)
- Reputation management
- Issues management
- Press conferences
- Threat assessments
Approved by United Educators
Castle’s crisis communications expertise has resulted in the distinction of being named an approved crisis communications PR firm of United Educators (UE), the nation’s leading provider of risk management solutions for higher education. UE member schools from across the country, representing colleges/universities, independent schools and others, have partnered with Castle for crisis communications services and support of a covered crisis.